Front elevation

Front elevation

Historical photo of Camp house -circa 1939

Historical photo of Camp house -circa 1939

Historical photo of staircase ~1978

Historical photo of staircase ~1978

Historical photo of staircase with architect John Staub  ~1978

Historical photo of staircase with architect John Staub ~1978

Example Frame

Alex and Roberta Camp

Architect/Builder: John Staub
Year: 1938
Areas of Significance: Architecture
City: Dallas

Camp House
The Alex and Roberta Camp Estate, (originally 24 acres) is located on the shores of White Rock Lake and now on the grounds of the Dallas Arboretum. The Camp House was designed by Texas' most famous residential architect, John Staub. The house is approximately 8,500 square feet and was completed in 1938. It is believed that Mansbendel carved the front doors, possibly pocket doors and trim work which are heavily painted.

Next door and also on the grounds is the historic DeGolyer House, a magnificent Spanish Colonial style mansion built in 1940 by Texas oil man Everett DeGolyer. the mansion of 21,000 square feet has 13 rooms, 7 baths, 16th and 17th century antiques and artworks, surrounded by Old English garden, footpaths, rolling lawns and woodlands on White Rock Lake. 
Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy  | © 2012 Texas Woodcarver. All rights reserved. | PO Box 270120 | Flower Mound, TX 75027-0120 | Ph 972.874.3677